Cream cheese frosting, guava sauce, blueberries and crumbled Maria cookies make this Guava Cheese Pound Cake the perfect red, white, and blue dessert!
Another guava cheese recipe, Jamie?! What are you talking about, I don’t use guava and cheese that often!
Oh wait, are you talking about that time I made that guava grilled cheese dessert sandwich?
Or the time I made Maria cookie truffles?
Oh you mean the guava pop tarts?
OK FINE. I get it. It’s obvious I’m OBSESSED with this sweet combo!
When you grow up in a Cuban household, you can’t help but always think about these two flavors together when it comes to dessert. Heck, I even think about guava for appetizers! (see guava bbq wings recipe)
Guava and cheese are a dynamic duo! Of course with 4th of July around the corner, it was only natural for me to think of the “red” and “white” as being guava and cream cheese. DUH!
As always, I try to make recipes that are super easy and not very time consuming. Perfect example is this Guava Cheese Pound Cake!
You life hack your way to dessert mastery by buying a butter loaf pound cake at your local market, making a cream cheese frosting, making guava sauce (just 2 ingredients!), adding both on the pound cake, and finishing it off with crushed Maria cookies and blueberries.
You will be so proud of yourself when you’re done. Don’t forget to Instagram it!
Guava Cheese Pound Cake
- 1 store-bought all butter loaf cake or your favorite butter loaf recipe
- Maria cookies, crushed
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounce cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup guava paste, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Mix cream cheese and butter together in a large bowl on medium speed until smooth. Add sugar and milk. Mix and then add vanilla. Mix until smooth. Taste the frosting. Add a pinch of salt if it is too sweet.
- Combine the guava paste and water in a saucepan. Cook for about 7-8 minutes over medium high heat, stirring occasionally until the sauce thickens. Careful not to burn.
To assemble pound cake
- Spread the frosting on top of the pound cake, sprinkle with crushed Maria cookies. Drizzle guava sauce and add blueberries. Slice and serve.