Last Name Papi, First Name Champagne!
Who doesn’t love Drake? I mean, he’s only the most quotable rapper in our world today. Not to mention, hilarious SNL actor and a Scorpio. Heyooo! I’ve been a fan of Drake since So Far Gone came out in 2008. He’s an amazing performer and you know what, why wouldn’t you have a Drake themed birthday party. If Superman and Pokemon can have their own themes, why can’t Drake?
Seriously though, why hasn’t anyone created a Drake themed birthday party guide yet?!
If you follow me on Snapchat, you know that I threw a birthday bash for one of my friends and Drake’s biggest fan. He was turning 35 and honestly, what better way to be on your Worst Behavior than with a Drake themed birthday party!
Party planning is, by far, my favorite hobby after cooking! I can’t even begin to tell you how fun it was to plan this party. When you’re a hardcore fan like me (and the birthday boy!), the ideas just flow so easily.
From ordering or making a birthday cheesecake (that’s just Child’s Play) to creating photo booth signs with Drake’s iconic lyrics (HYFR!), to making Drake head cutout stickers for party hats (for my woes), I’m sure you’ll appreciate all the intricate details that made this theme a huge success.
Oh and I forgot to mention, the birthday boy’s favorite Drake song is Marvin’s Room, hence the Drake cake below.
Being a surprise party after all, the lyric “we threw a party, yeah, we threw a party” from Marvin’s Room could not have been more fitting.
I will say, this was a very simple house party. There were no formal invitations made, although I could definitely help you design one. Let me know. The Facebook invite I created was Drake inspired and there was an official hashtag #ViewsFromThe35th.
Drake Themed Birthday Party
The main colors for the theme were gold, black, and white.
- Balloons: Black and gold a la OVO.
- Tablecloths, plates, cups, napkins, and silverware: All black.
- Gold streamers and confetti for the tables.
- Fun, black party hats with Drake head cutout stickers.
- Drake head cutout stickers. Want the digital file? Click here or see below.
- Photo booth signs with Drake lyrics in the appropriate album fonts (Views, So Far Gone, If You’re Reading This…). Want the digital file? Click here or see below.
- Your favorite Drake lyric with black icing on a white sheet cake a la @drakeoncake, of course!
- Banners in glitter gold: Worst Behavior / With My Woes / It’s Lit. You can purchase these on Etsy.
- Stuffed plush owl (because OVO + it’s funny!)
- Cheesecake Factory bags as goodie bags with mini champagne bottles inside.
Food + Drinks
- Drinks: Champagne or Rosé! Or…an open bar with beer, alcohol, and mixers like we had.
- Drake loves Italian food and McDonalds. Talk about 0 to 100 real quick. Considering we’re Hispanic, we kept it simple serving up some arroz con pollo (latin style chicken and rice). The sky’s the limit here though! You can either go upscale, serving up some high end Italian food or keep it low key, and serve junk food – burgers, wings, fries.
- You could also make owl desserts like cupcakes or pretzels. Pinterest has a ton of ideas!
- Other ideas: Cuban Sliders, Crispy Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings, Baked Mojo Marinated Chicken Wings, Slow Cooker Honey Whiskey BBQ Pulled Pork, Mini Vaca Frita Sliders, Bacon + Beer Mac N Cheese, or Guava BBQ Chicken Wings.
You can’t have a Drake themed birthday party without a LIT playlist! There’s 11 hours of hip hop, some salsa music and reggaeton in this playlist. Feel free to follow and jam out this Summer Sixteen!
The party was Successful! The beauty of a Drake themed birthday party is that it’s so versatile. You can customize it however you’d like and it will still be the best you’ve ever had!
Want Photo Booth Lyrics Signs & Drake Head Stickers?
If you’re reading this, you want Drake photo booth signs and stickers!
Interested? The digital file contains:
- 20 famous Drake lyrics in the appropriate album fonts (Views, So Far Gone, If You’re Reading This…)
- 9 Drake stickers (5 floating Drake head stickers, 1 hotline bling dancing Drake, 1 dancing ‘No New Friends’ Drake, 1 pink crying Drake, and 1 ‘if you’re reading this, it’s ur bday”)
All you have to do is print the signs on white card stock on a regular printer (make sure you have black ink!). Cut out each one then glue or tape on paint mixing sticks (which are less than $1 at most home improvement stores) or paper straws, and that’s it!
For the stickers, you can print them on sticker paper, cut out each, and place them on greeting cards, party hats, tablecloths, posters, or even your guest’s shirts as they walk in!
Click here to download the photo booth + stickers for your Drake themed party!
Tag @asassyspoon on your Drake themed parties on Instagram.
I’d love to see them!