Fresh cubed watermelon blended with tequila, lime juice, and sliced jalapeños served in chili salt rimmed glasses. Refreshing drink for a hot day!
Watermelon just screams Summer, doesn’t it?
I mean, we have Summer all year ’round here in Florida. I can safely say, it’s WAY more humid here during the Summer months. That’s why we need drinks like these to cool us down. Plus, the more boozy, the better! ;)
One of my favorite parts of this drink? The fact that it’s SO EASY to make! You basically add everything to a blender and that’s it.
There’s also a chili-salt mixture for the rim of each glass. It’s a MUST. If you’re not into that sort of thing, you can still enjoy this refreshing cocktail sans jalapeños and chili-salt.
We made this spicy tequila watermelon punch, almost a year ago, for my best friend’s birthday party. It was a HIT. Why? Because it was a pool party and it was HOT. No better drink for a pool party!
Oh and btw, we used Tajin with salt for the rim. You can use chili powder too, if you can’t find Tajin. But honestly though, you should totally buy it anyway.
PRO TIP: Remove the pulp!
This recipe is pretty straight forward. My one and only pro-tip for the perfect tequila watermelon punch would be to strain out the pulp after you blend the fresh cubed watermelon. TRUST. The pulp is not bad per se, it just makes the drink a little more thick. I wanted a smooth watermelon juice texture. And that’s exactly what I got once I strained it.
The rest is just mixing the watermelon juice with lime, sugar, and jalapeños. If you don’t want to use granulated sugar, you can add agave nectar or honey instead.
I hope you make it and LOVE it!
Spicy Tequila Watermelon Punch
- 1 small seedless watermelon (4-5 lbs) cubed
- 2 cups sparkling water
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 2-3 cups tequila (depending on how boozy you want it)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (or agave nectar / honey)
- 2 jalapeños sliced
- Tajin seasoning
- Sea salt
- Lime wedges
- In a blender, add cubed watermelon and sparkling water. Blend until smooth. Strain juice using sieve to remove the pulp from the watermelon.
- Transfer watermelon juice to a drink dispenser or punch bowl. Stir in lime juice, tequila, sugar and jalapeño slices. Chill until ready to serve.
- In a small plate, add desired Tajin (or chili powder) and sea salt. Run a lime wedge around the rim of each glass. Place each glass upside down on the chili salt, coating the rim. Pour tequila watermelon punch into each glass, add ice and enjoy!
SHOP THE RECIPE
This page may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click on one of the product links above and complete a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I will never place a link nor make a recommendation on a product or service that I don’t love or use personally. Thank you for keeping A Sassy Spoon, sassy. ;)