Easy Lobster Roll Recipe! Cooked lobster meat tossed in mayo, lemon juice, and herbs then served on a buttered toasted bun.
I’ve ALWAYS been a fan of lobster (who isn’t, right?) but lobster rolls? YUM. Imagine the lightly sweet, clean flavor (not fishy at all!) of the cooked lobster meat, mixed with creamy mayo, tangy lemon juice, and herbs on buttery toasted buns. SO GOOD!
It’s the perfect Summer meal!
Just a few ingredients result in this delicious lobster roll recipe that I cannot wait to share with you.
What’s the difference between Connecticut vs Maine Lobster Rolls?
First, let’s briefly discuss the difference between the two different types of lobster rolls.
Connecticut lobster rolls are made with chopped up lobster meat tossed in butter and served warm while Maine lobster rolls are made with chopped up lobster meat tossed with mayo, lemon juice, and herbs then served chilled.
Both are served in top-split hot dog buns and are delicious! Personally, I like Maine-style lobster rolls which is what we’re doing today.
How To Make This Lobster Roll Recipe
Make sure to cool the lobster meat first. You can either grab a few lobster tails or frozen lobster meat and boil them in salted water on the stove until firm. You then mix together the lobster meat, mayo, lemon juice, parsley, chives, and black pepper in a bowl. Season with salt to taste. Set aside.
Brush the hot dog buns with the melted butter. Toast the buns on a skillet over medium heat until golden brown, about 1 minute per side. Keep on eye on these so they don’t burn.
Divide the lobster mixture evenly into the 4 buns and drizzle remaining butter. Serve with chips and lemon wedges. That’s all folks!
You may also like:
- Cuban-Style Shrimp Creole (The BEST Shrimp Recipe!)
- Spicy Salmon with Honey Butter Sauce
- 15-Minute Garlic Butter Blackened Scallops
Easy Lobster Roll Recipe
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped chives
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 lb cooked lobster meat 3-4 lobster tails, roughly chopped
- Salt to taste
- 4 top-split hot dog buns
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- In a bowl, mix together mayo, lemon juice, parsley, chives, and black pepper. Add the lobster meat, gently mix, and season with salt to taste. Set aside.
- Brush the hot dog buns with melted butter. Toast the buns on a skillet over medium heat until golden brown, about 1 minute per side.
- Divide the lobster mixture evenly into the 4 buns and drizzle remaining butter. Serve with chips and lemon wedges. Enjoy!