Mini Sweet Corn Casseroles
These easy-to-make mini sweet corn casseroles are made with simple ingredients and a drizzle of honey on top for a sweet caramelized glaze.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time55 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 can whole kernel sweet corn drained (15 oz)
- 1 can cream-style sweet corn 14 oz
- 1 1/2 cups cornbread and/or corn muffin mix 8 oz
- 1/2 cup sour cream (sub for plain yogurt)
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter (1/2 stick; 4 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons raw honey plus more for drizzling on top
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: sliced jalapeños, diced green chiles, red pepper flakes, sliced scallions, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped bacon, chopped cilantro, fried onions on top
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8 ramekins with cooking spray. Place them on baking dish for easy baking. Set aside.
In a bowl, add whole kernel corn, creamed corn, corn muffin mix, sour cream or yogurt, butter, honey, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined then transfer to the ramekins, filling each one evenly about 3/4 full.*
Drizzle a bit of honey on top of each ramekins. Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve immediately and enjoy!
*Depending on the size of the ramekin, you can fill 6-8 ramekins with this recipe. I used mini Staub cocottes which are 8 ounces each (0.25 qt) and was able to fill 6 of them with this recipe.
You can use a baking dish instead just keep an eye on it. Insert a toothpick to make sure it is cooked all the way through before removing it from the oven. You can make this recipe the day before and warm it up before serving.
The nutritional info is a rough estimate without the optional toppings.
Adapted from Paula Deen
Serving: 1ramekin | Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 2.5g | Fat: 12.8g | Saturated Fat: 8.3g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 289mg | Potassium: 31mg | Fiber: 1.1g | Sugar: 11.5g | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 0.2mg