15-Minute Spicy Fish Taco Recipe
This healthy fish taco recipe is made with pan-fried white fish, smoky spices, and chipotle mayo. Ready in 15 minutes!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 servings
Easy Chipotle Mayo
- 1/3 cup mayo (or plain Greek yogurt)
- 1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce from the can
- 3 teaspoons adobo sauce from the can
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 fish fillets (any white fish like cod, mahi mahi, halibut)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- Lime wedges
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
If using store-bought chipotle mayo, skip this step. In a food processor, add mayo, chipotle peppers and adobo sauce. Pulse until well blended. Set aside.
Mix the smoked paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Lay the fish fillets on a clean work surface and sprinkle the spice mix evenly over each filet, rubbing it on all sides.
In a non-stick skillet set over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add 2 of the fish fillets and cook, undisturbed, about 4 minutes. Flip the fillets and cook for another 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan and swirl to coat. Repeat the cooking process with the remaining 2 filets.
Using a fork, shred the fish fillets. Divide the cooked shredded fish evenly into the 12 corn tortillas. Add shredded red cabbage, cilantro and drizzle with chipotle mayo. Serve and enjoy!
Serving: 1serving (3 tacos) | Calories: 315kcal | Carbohydrates: 33.3g | Protein: 20.4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1.7g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 351mg | Potassium: 164mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 0.9g | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1.4mg