Super easy, healthy, and meatless flatbread recipe made with spiralized butternut squash, arugula pesto, and feta cheese.
I LOVE spiralizing veggies. While zucchini noodles are easy to make and delicious, I wanted to take a stab at spiralizing butternut squash. Mmm. You guys, the smell of butternut squash is SOOO good. Smells sweet, yet pumpkin-y, and tastes delicious.
I’m not saying butternut squash is hard to make but spiralizing definitely is a bit more challenging. Not impossible though! What I did that make things easier was cut the bulbous end, keeping as much of the “neck” of the squash as possible. Then you slice the other end to make a flat surface for spiralizing. If the neck of squash is too long, you can half it crosswise for more leverage.
Honestly, what makes spiralizing such a BIG, heavy veggie, like a butternut squash, easier is the fact that my Inspiralizer has an amazing grip on my counter. There’s clamps and vacuum lever suction bases that keep the spiralizer steady.
Can you imagine using a spiralizer without a good grip!? How uncomfortable! So grateful for having friends that gift me with spiralizers. Ha! You should pay it forward too! Christmas is coming, guys. ;)
Making this flatbread was BEYOND easy to make, tbh. You make arugula pesto (So simple! I love those throw everything in a processor and it’s done recipes), spread it on a flatbread, place roasted, spiralized butternut squash on top with feta cheese crumbles and THAT’S IT!
If you make this, tag me on Instagram with #asassyspoon or comment below! I’d love to hear from you!
Spiralized Butternut Squash Flatbread with Arugula Pesto
- 1 package flatbread store bought
- 1 large butternut squash peeled and spiralized
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 3 cups arugula
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil extra virgin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, lightly toss spiralized butternut squash with olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread out spiralized butternut squash on the baking sheet. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the arugula pesto. Add arugula, garlic, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper in a food processor. Pulse until well combined. Slowly add in the olive oil and continue to pulse.
- Once you remove the butternut squash from the oven, transfer to a bowl or plate. Place the flatbread on the baking sheet and heat for about 2 minutes in the oven. Careful not to burn it!
- Remove the flatbread from the oven. Spread arugula pesto on the flatbread then add butternut squash and top with feta cheese. Serve immediately.