Nothing says brunch like a BIG stack of fluffy pancakes especially if they’re Mango Pancakes with crushed Maria Cookies on top!
What makes brunch so popular? The booze, the food, the food coma after? Absolutely. I, however, personally prefer to brunch at home. Why? Because having a carb fest in your PJs with mango mimosas (mango juice + champagne = Mmm) is my kinda Sunday.
It’s officially mango season in Florida. You know what that means? Time to add mangoes to everything! Or just eat them right off the tree. Either works.
Growing up (and still!), my parents had a mango tree in their backyard. I remember there always being 10+ mangoes on the kitchen counter during the Summer.
My dad would have mangoes by themselves for dessert. I always wondered why we never made any recipes with them.
First thing I did was add diced mango to pancake batter. It made for a very sweet, tart, citrus-y flavor which went next level with the added crunch of the crushed Maria Cookies.
My only complaint was that I didn’t add more maple syrup! You can totally add more fruit if you’d like – bananas, blueberries, strawberries. You also add some coconut flakes too!
I kept mine simple and it was fluffy pancakes heaven. Let me know what you think!
Mango Pancakes with Maria Cookie Crumbles
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 mango diced
- 3-4 Maria cookies crushed
- Blueberries optional
- Maple syrup
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Add milk, egg, 1/2 diced mango, and melted butter. Mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or pan over medium high heat. Pour the batter onto the griddle or pan, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides.
- Serve with crushed Maria cookie crumbs, blueberries, and the rest of the diced mango. Don’t forget the maple syrup!
Thank you for being here! <3
This page may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click on one of the product links above and complete a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I will never place a link nor make a recommendation on a product or service that I don’t love or use personally. Thank you for keeping A Sassy Spoon, sassy. ;)