It’s my favorite time of year which means there will be lots of gatherings in the near future.
From my birthday to the holidays and all the potlucks in between, there’s no better way to entertain than with a stylish cheese board!
Cheese boards are such an easy way of presenting your favorite cheeses, crackers and nuts in a classy way.
I, however, love taking things to the next level by making appetizers like bacon covered dates, candied nuts, and marinated olives!
Not only are these quick appetizers absolutely DELICIOUS, they also pair perfectly with these Gloria Ferrer wines.
Gloria Ferrer has received over 500 gold medals and 50 90+ ratings in the last 5 years and is California’s most awarded sparkling wine house.
Their Sonoma Brut and Blanc de Noir are carefully crafted to bring you the best of the best in sparkling wine.
The Sonoma Brut is very versatile, pairing well with just about any type appetizer like hard aged cheeses or marinated olives as well as white fish and chicken.
It has delicate pear and floral notes with a toasty almond finish. Such a distinctive flavor. Everyone will love this one!
The Blanc de Noirs is more of a blush with bright strawberry and black cherry aromas and subtle vanilla highlights.
This sparkling beauty pairs well with the salty-sweet like these bacon wrapped dates and the candied nuts. It’s the perfect montage of flavors in every sip.
Find out more information about the Gloria Ferrer wines by clicking here.
The appetizers that compliment this cheese board come together pretty quickly. Recipes are below.
I can’t wait for you to make this next level cheese board for your next party!
A beautiful cheese board is always impressive. Make it a next level cheese board by adding bacon wrapped dates, marinated olives, and candied mixed nuts!
- Your favorite cheeses, uncured meats, and crackers
- 5 slices uncured applewood smoked bacon cut in half
- 1 1/2 ounces goat cheese
- 10 Medjool dates pitted sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves peeled, minced
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary leaves removed
- 1 cup of green olives you can use mixed too!
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup pecans
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Using a spoon, stuff a small amount of goat cheese into each date and press the sides together to close. Wrap each date with half a slice of bacon. Arrange evenly on a baking sheet and bake until browned, approximately 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, place on a paper towel lined plate, and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- In a bowl, toss olive oil, garlic, thyme, rosemary, and olives. Gently stir to coat.
- In a hot skillet, add walnuts, pecans, maple syrup, brown sugar and salt. Over a medium-high heat, stirring frequently, heat pecans and walnuts until syrup is caramelized and nuts are toasted, about 3 minutes. Let cool.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.