A beautiful combination of cinnamon, sugar, and cream cheese make this deliciously sweet treat. Churro Cheesecake Bars are easy to make with the help of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls. Just 6 ingredients total.
Cinco de Mayo is just around the corner. What better way to celebrate than with Churro Cheesecake Bars! This recipe came to life by total surprise. I mean Pillsbury Crescent Rolls for cheesecake bars?! Say what!
And by surprise I mean, I had no idea I could make churro cheesecake bars with just 6 ingredients!
You know how you see a recipe sometimes and are dying to make it but you don’t have all the ingredients at home. You have to make a quick stop at the grocery store to be able to bring recipes to life.
In this case, I ACTUALLY had all the ingredients so you can only imagine my excitement!
Now, just so you know…churros don’t actually taste like this. Let me rephrase. These churro cheesecake bars have churro flavors but the texture is nothing like an actual churro.
Churros are fried pastries, made of dough, and then laid out in long star-shaped log forms. They are crunchy, served warm, and covered in cinnamon sugar! Yum.
Here in Miami, restaurants will serve churros with a side of thick hot chocolate for dipping. No, not the hot chocolate you’re thinking of…with milk and marshmallows. No, no, I’m talking THICK, creamy, almost like a cake batter type of chocolate dipping sauce. Imagine dipping crunchy, cinnamon sugar churros in THAT type of chocolate decadence. Yep, it’s that good.
Back to these cheesecake bars, I couldn’t believe how easy it was to make these with Pillsbury Crescent Rolls. First, you layer the pan with the crescent roll pastry, then add the cheesecake mixture, then another layer of crescent roll dough, and top with tons of cinnamon sugar. That’s it! So easy!
Even if the texture is different from actual churros, the taste is the same which is perfect. Creamy and soft, just like an actual cheesecake and then you add the cinnamon sugar and it’s just like a churro. Win/win!
My friends absolutely loved these bars, and I know yours will too!
[clickToTweet tweet=”I need Churro Cheesecake Bars in my life!” quote=”I need Churro Cheesecake Bars in my life!”]
Easy Churro Cheesecake BarsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 16 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cans Pillsbury Crescents Rolls, 8-ounce
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 13x9 inch pan, and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Mix together cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, egg, and vanilla until smooth.
- Unroll one of the cans of crescent roll dough, and press it into the bottom of the pan. Press the seams together, and work it about 1/4 inch up the sides of the pan. (This will help the filling not fall through the ends.) Spread the cream cheese filling evenly over the dough.
- Unroll the remaining can of crescent roll dough onto a piece of wax or parchment paper. Press the seams together. Invert the crescent-roll dough into the pan covering the filling. Press the edges of both sheets of crescent roll dough together.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, mix together the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon. Generously sprinkle the bars with cinnamon sugar while still hot.
- Let the bars cool completely before cutting into squares.