Dairy-free and grain-free almond biscotti dipped in melted dark chocolate and topped with chopped almonds. No better snack for any day of the week!
This post was sponsored by Simple Mills. All opinions are my own.
A year ago, I wrote this post about my struggle to find balance after growing up enjoying tons of sweet, salty, carby, delicious foods in a Hispanic family. For a long time, I resented my roots for leading me down this path. This year, however, as I continue to learn more about my body and how certain foods make me feel, I’m slowly seeing the light at the end of this frustrating tunnel.
More on all that later (post coming soon!) but here’s the main thing I’ve learned thus far – you don’t have to give up all the foods you love! Yes, my friends, you can still have cookies and cake! In moderation, of course, and not everyday. And if possible, you recreate your favorite treats with wholesome ingredients like I did today!
I partnered with Simple Mills to make these dairy-free, grain-free dark chocolate-dipped almond biscotti using Simple Mills Pancake & Waffle Mix. I know right!? Like HOW?! That’s what I love most about Simple Mills. Their baking mixes are just so versatile, you can truly use them in so many ways. I made these coconut key lime pie bars earlier this year with their baking mixes too!
These dark chocolate-dipped almond biscotti are everything biscotti should be – crunchy, not to sweet, not too hard, and way easier to make than traditional biscotti. Can’t wait for you guys to try them!
No more ‘all or nothing’ mentality, guys. Let’s just focus on getting back to balance so we can enjoy the treats we love without the guilt.
So what are you waiting for?! Make them this week!
You can find Simple Mills Pancake & Waffle Mix at Target stores nationwide! In addition to baking mixes, the Simple Mills’ brand also carries a line of crackers, cookies and frostings. Click here for the store locator.
Dairy-Free Grain-Free Dark Chocolate-Dipped Almond Biscotti
- 1 egg beaten
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted and cooled, plus 1 teaspoon for melting chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 box Simple Mills Pancake & Waffle mix
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup unsalted almonds chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together egg, 3 tablespoons coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Add the Simple Mills Pancake & Waffle mix and stir until well combined. This should result in a crumbly dough.
- Transfer the dough to a baking sheet. Shape the dough into a rectangular log about 1/2 inch thick. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until sides are slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Do not turn off the oven. Carefully cut log into 1-inch thick slices, widthwise. Return to the oven to continue baking for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Melt chocolate chips with remaining 1 teaspoon coconut oil in the microwave. Dip each biscotti into the chocolate and add chopped almonds. Let chocolate set for about 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Thank you Simple Mills for sponsoring this post and a HUGE thank you to all the readers of this blog for all your support! xo
It’s hard to find a dessert that is healthy and looks THIS good! I need to make these ASAP!
Jamie Silva says
You’re going to LOVE them, Jordan!!
This is genius Jamie!! Always a good idea to eat the chocolate especially if it looks like this!
Jamie Silva says
Thanks so much, Sam!
These look SO delish. I love that mix and actually have a box of it that I’ve been wanting to use up! I can’t wait to try these
Jamie Silva says
Thanks Liz! I know you will LOVE them!