Crispy Sliced Roasted Potatoes! Thinly sliced gold potatoes tossed in garlic, butter, and thyme then roasted to perfection. An easy 5-ingredient side dish for any occasion!
I’m always on the hunt for easy side dish recipes. Side dishes that can go with anything on any occasion. You can never have enough options, am I right? I feel like potatoes are so versatile. You can never go wrong with them!
These crispy sliced roasted potatoes are no exception. They are so easy to make and so delicious.
If you have a mandoline, that’s even better. If not, you can buy this one.
Why use Gold Potatoes instead of Russet Potatoes?
Gold potatoes are the best for this dish because they are buttery, slightly sweet and have the BEST texture. A lot of recipes will say Russet potatoes are better but nope. We want buttery texture!
How To Make Crispy Sliced Roasted Potatoes
So here’s what you do.
- Slice your gold potatoes. Take your gold potatoes and slice them in half. One at a time, you slice them thinly with a mandoline. You can, of course, use a knife but a mandoline is way easier and you’ll get a more consistent cut.
- Place the sliced potatoes in a pan. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat the bottom of a cast-iron pan or large skillet with 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Set aside. Arrange the potato slices vertically at an angle in the pan, filling the pan completely without crowding it. Make sure there’s space in between each slice so it cooks evenly.
- Make the butter mixture with spices. In a small bowl, mix remaining melted butter (6 tablespoons) with minced garlic, fresh thyme, and salt. Pour the butter mixture on top, making sure each slice is evenly coated.
- Roast the sliced potatoes. Place skillet in the oven and roast potatoes for 1 hour until the top edges of the potatoes are crispy. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Another way to do this (and also because it’s one less dish to clean) is to pour the butter mixture on top of the sliced potatoes once they are already on the pan. Just make sure each slice is evenly coated and seasoned. Either way works!
How easy was that? Not only is the dish aesthetic AF (especially for holidays), they are also DELICIOUS.
Buttery, garlicky, and crispy. YES. Look at you, looking all profesh with these delicious sliced potatoes AND a pretty side dish.
Go make them and let me know how it turns out!
5-Ingredient Crispy Sliced Roasted Potatoes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted, divided (8 tablespoons / 1 stick)
- 4 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt plus more for garnish
- Arrange the potato slices vertically at a angle in the pan, filling the pan completely without crowding it. Make sure there's space in between each slice so it cooks evenly.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining melted butter (6 tablespoons) with minced garlic, fresh thyme and salt. Pour the butter mixture on top, making sure each slice is evenly coated.
- Place skillet in the oven and roast potatoes for 1 hour until the top edges of the potatoes are crispy. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!