Thin-crust chicken pizza brushed with garlic basil olive oil, topped with shredded mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, and onions. Perfect to use up all that leftover chicken!
It’s no secret that I LOVE pizza but I also love using up leftovers!
Don’t you ever open the fridge and wonder what the heck to do with all those leftover veggies?
Or even all that leftover chicken?
Usually when I have leftover chicken, I make Crispy Chicken Tacos.
That’s my go-to! Those chicken tacos are easy and delicious crispy. Mmmm.
But I’m happy to report that now I (we) can add another leftover chicken recipe to the list – Chicken Pizza!
This recipe is super versatile. You just shred up all that leftover chicken and add it on the pizza.
After that, you just pile on all the veggies!
Mushrooms and onions are one of my favorite combos but you can truly make this your own and use up whatever you have in the fridge.
This Chicken Pizza along with my Prosciutto Pizza with Arugula + Mozzarella are beyond easy to make in the cast-iron skillet.
The result is a thin and crispy pizza that you can’t help but eat entirely!
Feel free to use whole wheat or regular store-bought pizza dough for this recipe. Trader Joes has super affordable ready-to-bake pizza dough and it’s perfect for this recipe. You can also make your own pizza dough.
I hope you make it and LOVE it!
Chicken Mushroom Pizza
- 1 your favorite pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups leftover chicken shredded
- 1/2 cup mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 2 green onions sliced (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to desired thinness. Transfer to a cast-iron skillet.
- Brush the entire crust with the olive oil, garlic, basil, salt and pepper to taste. Top with the shredded mozzarella, chicken, mushrooms, and onions.
- Place in the oven and bake until the cheese is golden and bubbly, about 15-20 minutes. Remove the pizza from the oven.
- Let the pizza cool for about 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
If you’ve made this or any other recipe, tag me on Instagram with #asassyspoon or comment below. I’d love to hear from you! Get a FREE weekly meal planner printable plus my go-to meal prep tips by clicking here!
Thank you for being here! <3
This page may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click on one of the product links above and complete a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I will never place a link nor make a recommendation on a product or service that I don’t love or use personally. Thank you for keeping A Sassy Spoon, sassy. ;)