Almond Butter & Guava Jelly Banana Muffins. My version of PB+J muffins brought to you by ripe bananas, creamy almond butter and sweet guava jelly. Breakfast is served!
It’s no secret that I love to bake. It’s also no secret that I love guava. I have A LOT of recipes on this blog that feature guava and I’m not mad about it.
To be honest, I never even knew guava was a fruit until I was an adult.
I had always known guava to be a paste, a jelly, a marmalade, or that jam inside a pastry. Blame my Cuban parents for not educating me! No but seriously, have you ever tried a pastelito de guayaba? Literally my favorite pastry ON EARTH. I love guava pastries!
Anyways, moving on.
Whenever I have extra bananas on hand, you will probably see me making Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins or Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. Heck, maybe even 2-Ingredient Banana Almond Butter Ice Cream.
Bottom line: No banana goes unnoticed in this house!
And now I’m happy to report, there’s a new banana muffin in town – Almond Butter & Guava Jelly Banana Muffins!
These banana muffins were inspired by this recipe. Of course, leave it up to me to find a Mickey recipe. Ha! Such a Disney junkie I am. Here’s the thing though, I’m not a fan of peanut butter. Like at all.
I know, I know. WHO AM I.
But seriously, the smell of peanut butter just BOTHERS me. Legit have never liked it.
I was never that kid that would eat PB&J sandwiches. Cuban households weren’t into that sorta thing. We were fed more delicious things (read: unhealthy) for lunch as you can only imagine. My dad would maybe have jelly on toast for breakfast but yeah that’s pretty much it.
The day I tried almond butter though, I was like whoa. THIS, I can get behind. YUM. Other nut butters too – cashew, hazelnut, all of them. YES. The mixed butter from Trader’s? OMG. Delish.
Since peanut butter isn’t my jam (ha, get it?) and almond butter is, I decided to make my own version of PB&J muffins and create AB&G muffins! (uff, that does NOT roll well off the tongue)Who needs PB&J when you can make these Almond Butter & Guava Jelly Muffins! #asassyspoonClick To Tweet
These AB&G muffins aka Almond Butter and Guava Jelly Banana Muffins have the perfect amount of sweet & salty and none of the bad stuff.
You can easily use your favorite jelly in place of the guava jelly (although, I highly recommend it) to make this your own. You can even use a sugar-free jelly to make this recipe completely refined sugar free.
Choose your own adventure. ;)
Aside from that, these are delicious for back to school, breakfast, midnight snacks and best of all, they are SUPER easy to make.
I hope you make these and LOVE them!
My version of PB+J muffins brought to you by ripe bananas, creamy almond butter and sweet guava jelly. Breakfast is served!
- 2 bananas ripe and mashed
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup raw maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour or almond flour, AP flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup guava jelly
- Almonds chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Add liners to your muffin tin and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla. Stir until completely combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt to the bowl. Stir until all is well combined.
- Divide the batter evenly into the prepared muffin tin, filling each mold about half full.
- Add about teaspoon of guava jelly on the tops of each muffin. Using a toothpick, swirl around the jelly so it gives a marble-like effect, then sprinkle with chopped almonds.
- Bake muffins for 24-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into muffin comes out clean. Let cool and serve. Enjoy!