Citrus-marinated thinly sliced steak pan seared and served with a tropical mango salsa on flour tortillas. An easy, flavorful dinner for a busy weeknight!
Being the seafood lover that I am, I’m not big on beef which is why you don’t really see a lot of beef or steak recipes on my blog.
Until days like today when I spice things up and make steak fajitas!
A citrus marinade is best for thinly sliced steak or steak tips. My mom ALWAYS marinades her steaks with sour orange marinade and spices.
It really is the best marinade ever!
The real star of this show however is this mango salsa. Diced mango, red onions, red and green peppers, cilantro and some bomb ass chili-lime seasoning. I got this one recently at Trader Joe’s but you can use Tajin or create your own with chili powder and fresh lime juice.
Oh man. The mix of flavors is incredible! You get the sweet from the mango, the spicy from the chili-lime seasoning and that orange-lime marinated goodness from the meat.
It’s perfection. It’s also comes together pretty easily.
Make tonight a steak fajita night!
You can thank me later. ;)
Looks like it's Steak Fajita with Mango Salsa night tonight! #asassyspoonClick To Tweet
Don’t forget to make some chunky guacamole and baked tortilla chips too!
I hope you make it and LOVE it!
- 1 pound flank steak, top round steak, or top sirloin trimmed of fat, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup sour orange marinade 1/2 cup orange juice; 1/2 cup lime juice
- Handful of fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup diced mango 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper 1/2-inch dice
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper 1/2-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 small red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon chili-lime seasoning I used Trader Joe’s. You can use Tajin, or make your own (lime juice + chili powder)
In a bowl, combine the steak, garlic, sour orange, cilantro, Worcestershire, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the mango salsa. In a bowl, combine the mango, red bell pepper, green pepper, lime juice, red onion, cilantro, pinch of salt, and chili-lime seasoning. Gently mix together. Set aside.
Remove steak from the fridge. Discard the marinade and pat the steak dry with paper towel.
Spray a skillet with cooking spray. Cook the steak at medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium (longer, if you like your steak more well done). Serve immediately with mango salsa and flour tortillas. Enjoy!
If you’ve made this or any other recipe, tag me on Instagram with #asassyspoon or comment below. I’d love to hear from you! Get a FREE weekly meal planner printable plus my go-to meal prep tips by clicking here!
Thank you for being here! <3
This page may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click on one of the product links above and complete a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I will never place a link nor make a recommendation on a product or service that I don’t love or use personally. Thank you for keeping A Sassy Spoon, sassy. ;)