Lean Ground Beef over Zucchini Noodles! Lean ground beef, made Cuban-style served over spiralized sautéed zucchini noodles. A quick and easy 30-minute weeknight meal!
Meal prepping every week is not fun but it’s necessary. Here are some tips to help with meal prepping:
- Cut or spiralize veggies with my Inspiralizer (which I love!)
- Place the spiralized veggies in freezer friendly zip lock bags and remove all the air.
- Cut up fruit and store it in air tight containers for the week.
- Place salad greens (spinach, arugula, etc) in air tight containers with a paper towel on top to absorb moisture. By doing this, greens last an extra week!
- Cook chicken, ground turkey or lean ground beef enough for 4-5 days. Divide and place in separate containers.
For more meal prepping tips, click here!
For this recipe, the zucchini noodles were spiralized and the lean ground beef (Cuban-style!) was cooked.
All I did was sauté the ‘zoodles’ in a pan a bit.
Then, heat the picadillo (lean ground beef made Cuban-style) and place it on top.
I hope you make this and LOVE it!
Lean ground beef, made Cuban-style served over spiralized sautéed zucchini noodles. A quick and easy 30-minute weeknight meal!
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 green pepper finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons green olives cut in half
- 4 medium zucchini noodles spiralized (make sure they are ripe)
Brown meat on medium heat in large skillet. Use a wooden spoon to break the meat apart. When meat is no longer pink, drain all liquid from the skillet.
Add onion, garlic, green pepper, and cilantro to the pan and continue cooking on a low flame. Add olives, cumin, bay leaf, salt, pepper, tomato sauce, and 1/4 cup of water. Mix well.
Reduce heat and simmer covered about 15-20 minutes. When done, transfer lean ground beef to a plate.
In the same skillet, over medium heat, sauté the zucchini noodles for no more than 5 minutes until al dente (do NOT add salt nor cook for longer than 5 minutes. They will become a soggy, mushy mess). Drain. To plate, top lean ground beef over zucchini noodles. Serve and enjoy!
If you’ve made this or any other recipe, tag me on Instagram with #asassyspoon or comment below. I’d love to hear from you! Get a FREE weekly meal planner printable plus my go-to meal prep tips by clicking here!
Thank you for being here! <3
This page may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click on one of the product links above and complete a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. I will never place a link nor make a recommendation on a product or service that I don’t love or use personally. Thank you for keeping A Sassy Spoon, sassy. ;)