Salty, crunchy homemade baked tortilla chips with just 3 ingredients! Quick and easy-to-make, you’ll never buy store-bought chips again.
Guess what? If you have a few corn tortillas leftover from taco night, olive oil and sea salt, you can totally make crunchy baked tortilla chips! Just 5-6 tortillas go a long way (40 chips!). No frying needed. Just brush, cut, and bake.
I don’t know about you but I hate frying in my house. The house smells like oil, my hair smells like fried food, my clothes smell too. Sure, it doesn’t mean I NEVER do it. I just prefer not to. That’s why I love that you can bake these and they come out crunchy, salty, and delicious!
My favorite combination with these homemade baked tortilla chips is guacamole.
What about you?
Here’s what I do to maximize my time and space with these tortilla chips. Brush each tortilla with olive oil. Pile them up. Let’s say you stack 5 tortillas one on top of the other. You cut through the entire 5 tortillas with a sharp knife (these ceramic knives are my jam!) to make 8 triangles for each tortilla.
On a greased baking sheet, you place each tortilla side by side with one chip, point facing up and the other point facing down. This way ALL 40 chips fit perfectly in one baking sheet.
Then I salt those babies with sea salt.
I promise you, these taste so much better than the store-bought kind.
Of course, time is not always on our side which forces you to buy a bag of tortilla chips. But I promise if you set aside 15 minutes, you can totally make this happen!
- Add lime juice to the olive oil before you brush it on the chips. This is not part of the recipe because it is optional. I like my chips simple and salty but if you want the chips to have a little tang, add another tablespoon of lime juice to the olive oil.
- Add spices! After you brush the chips with olive oil, you can add spices before baking. Examples: paprika, chipotle powder, chili powder, cumin, whatever your little heart desires!
- 5 thin corn tortillas (6-inch)
- olive oil or avocado oil
- sea salt
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
- Brush one side of each tortilla with olive oil. Cut into triangles. Each 6-inch tortilla should give you 8 chips.
Place all the chips on a greased baking sheet. Top them with sea salt. Bake for 10 minutes or until the tortillas are lightly brown. Serve with guacamole!
I hope you make this and you LOVE it!
If you’ve made this or any other recipe, tag me on Instagram with #asassyspoon or comment below. I’d love to hear from you! Also, never miss a post by signing up for email updates + receive a FREE weeknight meal plan!
Thank you for being here! <3
This page contains affiliate links. This means that if you click on one of the product links above and complete a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. Do understand that I will never place a link nor make a recommendation on a product or service that I don’t love or use personally. Thank you for keeping A Sassy Spoon, sassy. ;)