When I first wanted to start a food blog, I knew it would take hard work and dedication. While working in digital marketing, I managed blogs and the social platforms of several clients. I realized the amount of work and tedious attention to detail necessary to make a blog successful but it wasn’t until I got into it myself that I realized it was A LOT OF WORK. More about that here.
Once I was finally ready to take the plunge and go head first into this whole food blog biz, I handled it like I handle everything in life – I goggled the hell out of it! So here are some helpful resources that helped me get me started. Hope this help you too!
Tools For Success
- Food Blogger Pro: The BEST community to get you started and maintain your food blog. Great way to make friends too! There’s message boards, how-to videos, and tons of valuable tips for growing your blog. Food Blogger Pro has over 300 videos on anything from how to set up Google Analytics, SEO tips, building traffic, food photography and of course, generating an income. Get on the waiting list and give it a try. You won’t be disappointed!
- MailChimp: One of the first things I did when I started my blog was sign up for MailChimp. I know the importance of reaching my readers outside of social media. Email may not be the most popular but a lot of my initial traffic came from MailChimp newsletters. MailChimp allows you to store up to 2,000 subscriber emails and send up to 12,000 customizable email newsletters per month! FOR FREE!
- Tailwind App: This is one of my favorite tools. It’s like your own personal intern for Pinterest. You basically schedule your posts / pins into any and all the boards you want and it does the rest for you. It’s such a time saver!
Advice from Food Bloggers
- How To Make Money As A Food Blogger by Gabi Moskowitz
- How to Start a Food Blog | Pinch of Yum
- Why You Should Never Start a Food Blog | I Am Baker
- Food Blogging | David Lebovitz
- How to Start A Food Blog | Cookie and Kate
- Food Blogging as a Career | Sally Baking Addiction
- Pinch of Yum Income Reports (SUPER MOTIVATING!)
Podcasts I Love
- 038: 7 Strategies to Build Traffic | Food Blogger Pro Blog
- 027: Committing to a Niche and Building a Brand with Ali Maffucci from Inspiralized | Food Blogger Pro Blog
- 029: The Phases of Pinch of Yum with Bjork & Lindsay Ostrom | Food Blogger Pro Blog
- Sally McKenney from Sally’s Baking Addiction on Creating Success – FBP003 | Food Blogger Pro Blog
- 024: How to Find Balance in Blogging with Ali Ebright from Gimme Some Oven | Food Blogger Pro Blog
- Maintaining Your Blogging Passion with Jessica Merchant – Chopped Conference
- CP #82: The Fast Growing Food Blog with Sabrina Snyder – Chopped Conference
- Ep #93: The Village of Blogging with Trevor and Jennifer Debth – Chopped Conference
Monetizing Your Blog
This page contains affiliate links. This means that if you click on one of the product links above and complete a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. Do understand that I will never place a link nor make a recommendation on a product or service that I don’t love or use personally. Thank you for keeping A Sassy Spoon, sassy. ;)