To think, Epcot Center was the park I hated the most as a kid. Now it’s my favorite park.
My how things have changed. You grow up and learn that you can drink around the world without a passport!
I’m thankful to have Disney World just a road trip away from me. Takes me about 3 1/2 hours to drive from Miami to Orlando. Since I was 10 years old, I’ve been visiting all four Disney parks numerous times. I’ve stayed on Disney property, and have even dined at several of Disney restaurants, even Cinderella’s castle!
Now I’m an annual pass holder and go practically every other weekend. Because I can!
Aside from The Florida Keys, Orlando is my favorite weekend getaway especially from September to November. During that time, Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival is on and popping! It’s my FAVORITE event of the year. You get to sample food and drinks from not only the countries in the World Showcase but new ones every year.
Here are a few of my favorite Epcot staples:
- MEXICO: Guava or Passion Fruit margs + guac in the bar inside Mexico (don’t get the margs that are outside!)
- GERMANY: Beer. Oktoberfest, obvs. Or shots of Jägermeister. You are the master of your own hangover.
- ITALY: Mini prosciutto and caprese sandwiches inside Italy. Also, the Italian Margarita (basically, a limoncella slushy. Seriously my fave ever!) in the kiosk by Italy.
- AMERICA: Turkey legs and funnel cakes. Mmmm.
- JAPAN: Stock up on Pocky sticks and maybe some hot sake. If you’re into that sorta thing.
- MOROCCO: Habibi Daiquiri slushies, yo.
- FRANCE: Grand Marnier Orange slushies. YES!
- UK: Irish Car Bombs from the bar!
- CANADA: Canadian cheddar cheese soup.
Randoms from the Food + Wine Festival:
(meaning you only see these during the festival in separate kiosks)
- Roasted Pork Lettuce Wrap and Kimchi and Soju Fruit Slushy in South Korea.
- Crispy pork belly with black beans and tomato and Black beer in Brazil.
- Kielbasa and Potato Pierogi with Caramelized Onions and Sour Cream in Poland.
- Frozen Szarlotka Apple Pie in Poland.
- La Passion Martini Slush in France.
- Liquid Nitro Chocolate Almond Truffle with Warm Whiskey Caramel in Chocolate Studio.
- Flan de Chocolate in Mexico
See you again soon, Epcot!