This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, MARS Incorporated. All opinions are mine alone. #SweeterEaster #CollectiveBias
Deliciously moist and rich, dark chocolate cupcakes made in mini terra cotta clay pots, topped with smooth buttercream frosting, shredded coconut and M&M’S® candies!
Looking for an Easter-inspired baking recipe to make this year? You’ve come to the right place!
Just look at how cute these Easter M&M’S® Flower Pot Cupcakes are in their mini terra cotta clay pots. Creative. Unique. A great idea for Easter this year!
I promise this is NOT a complicated recipe.
All you have to do is bake the dark chocolate cupcakes inside of the clay pots. Yes, placing these mini terra cotta clay pots in the oven is completely safe!
Once the cupcakes cool, you stuff them with M&M’S® Milk Chocolate candies then top them with delicious buttercream frosting.
Add shredded coconut on top of the frosting and top them with M&M’S® White Chocolate candies (available exclusively at Walmart!).
Aren’t they just ADORABLE!?
I’m sure kids will be excited to find the surprise M&M’S® hidden inside of these dark chocolate cupcakes!
Not to mention, these cupcakes are deliciously moist and rich. The buttercream frosting – to die for.
It’s the perfect Easter treat!
I hope you are inspired to go beyond the Easter basket this year and make these M&M’S® Flower Pot Cupcakes!
Deliciously moist and rich, dark chocolate cupcakes made in mini terra cotta clay pots, topped with smooth buttercream frosting, shredded coconut and M&M'S® candies!
- 12 mini terra cotta clay pots
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 bag M&M’S® Milk Chocolate
- 1 bag M&M’S® White Chocolate New & Walmart Exclusive!
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line the clay pots with parchment paper or a cupcake liner.
In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt. Set aside. In another bowl, mix butter and sugar until fluffy. Add one egg at a time then stir in vanilla.
Add the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Fill each clay pot 3/4 of the way with batter. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean. Let cool.
- While the cupcakes are baking, make the buttercream by mixing confectioner's sugar, softened butter, vanilla extract and heavy whipping cream in a bowl until desired consistency.
Using a small paring knife, cut a hole from the center of each cooled cupcake.
Fill the hole with M&M’S® Milk Chocolate candies. Pipe frosting onto each cupcake.
Sprinkle with coconut and top with three M&M’S® White Chocolate candies. Enjoy!
All the products in this post can be found and purchased at your go-to Easter destination, Walmart!
To find more Easter inspiration, visit MyConfectionCorner.com.