This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AllStarSnackBar #CollectiveBias
Cuban Seasoned Popcorn Balls! A simple treat made with popcorn, corn syrup, sugar, and butter then seasoned with homemade Cuban complete seasoning and a twist of lime! Not sure about you but after Sunday’s game, I’ve been ANXIOUSLY waiting to see who’s heading to the Big Game in a few weeks. In the meantime, I’m in total snack mode!
If you’re like me, you love having friends and family over to watch the Big Game with a slew of snacks. From sweet to savory, snacks should always be simple to prepare and enjoy. With that said, I’ve teamed up with Orville Redenbacher® to bring you these Cuban Seasoned Popcorn Balls!
Don’t they look deliciously easy?
They are! All you do is microwave a bag of Orville Redenbacher popcorn, combine the popped popcorn with a hot mixture of corn syrup, sugar, butter and then season with homemade Cuban complete seasoning. Once you form them into balls, you can serve with wooden skewers. It’s that easy!
The mix of seasonings also give these popcorn balls a savory twist which is what makes them so unique. The squeeze of lime is the perfect finishing touch, making these a win for your Big Game or game day watching party!
You can definitely buy Complete Seasoning in any grocery store but I prefer to make my own. If you’d like to make your own complete seasoning, you combine oregano, cumin, garlic, onion, parsley, salt, and pepper. For the full recipe, click here.
Forget the teams, I promise these Cuban Seasoned Popcorn Balls will be the real MVPs at your game day watching party!
To-do list: Make Cuban Seasoning Popcorn Balls for the next game day watching party!Click To Tweet
I hope you make them and LOVE them!
A simple treat made with popcorn, corn syrup, sugar, butter then seasoned with homemade Cuban complete seasoning and a twist of lime!
- 1 bag Orville Redenbacher Movie Theater Butter Classic Bag popped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 tablespoon store-bought or homemade Cuban Complete Seasoning (recipe link in notes)
- Lime wedges
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, water and salted butter. Cook over medium heat until well combined, approx. 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and immediately pour over popcorn. Sprinkle and mix complete seasoning all over popcorn until everything is evenly coated.
- Once mixture has cooled, quickly shape into small balls either by greasing your hands and forming them by hand or using a small cookie or ice cream scoop.
Place the popcorn balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet. If desired, stick a wooden skewer into the center of the popcorn ball. Squeeze some lime over them and serve immediately.*
To make Cuban Complete Seasoning from scratch, click here.
*Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
All products in this post can be found and purchased at Walmart! You can also find more inspiration for your Big Game watching party by clicking here.