Smoked chorizo and soft cream cheese stuffed into sweet Medjool dates wrapped in bacon and baked until crispy perfection! Delicious!
In my past life, I worked in a hospital.
My first job after leaving another job that I had been at for 8 years! Yep, 8 years. It was my first job after high school. I learned a lot, made mistakes, grew like crazy as I was clearly a child, and was promoted twice. Yay me!
Once I was ready for bigger and better, I started working at the hospital.
Not sure if I knew what I was signing up for but at the end of the day, you always take with you those close relationships that helped your day go by quickly while you were at work.
Before I changed careers and moved on to greener pastures, there were three girls that kept me sane in an otherwise crazy time of work overload, swine flu, senile doctors, and the recession.
After years of busy schedules and adulting, we FINALLY found some time to meet. I’m sure you remember me making these bites for these crazies from my Snapchat a few weeks ago.
Always an interesting time with those girls.
Not only easy to make but also DELICIOUS. These bacon wrapped dates are a crispy, salty, and sweet appetizer that not many would be able to resist. I’ve made these a few times after being inspired by one of my favorite restaurants here in Miami called Sugarcane.
You grab some smoked chorizo and break it into bite size pieces. Add cream cheese and mix it up! Stuff each Medjool dates (make sure they are unpitted) and wrap them up. In bacon that is.
Bake and serve.
My friends LOVED them. They had never tried bacon wrapped dates. I love introducing people to new foods. Best part of being a foodie, if you ask me!
As one of my friends says, “It’s your fault I like so many different foods now!”
I’ll take that as a compliment, thankyouverymuch.
I hope you make these and you LOVE them!Smoked chorizo + soft cream cheese stuffed into sweet Medjool dates wrapped in bacon! YASSS!Click To Tweet
- 10 slices bacon I used uncured applewood bacon
- 3 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 3.5 ounces smoked chorizo cut into pieces
- 20 Medjool dates pitted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix smoked chorizo with cream cheese together. Set aside.
- Slice the dates lengthwise on one side to create an opening.
- Using a spoon, stuff a small amount of the cheese mixture into each date and press the sides together to close.
- Cut the bacon slices in half. Wrap each date with a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Arrange evenly on a baking sheet and bake until browned, approx. 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, place on a paper towel lined plate, and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.